Hala Hala! Its been a while since I did a beauty post!
So ever since I saw Huda sharing her highlighter palette on her Snapchat I swear I was going crazy like CRAZY! I couldn't wait to get my hands on it! And when I saw that the product was selling online I knew I had to buy it before it 'sold out'
So I picked the palette in Golden Sands as I think it would better suit my skin tone. It has 4 shades as you can see below
- Fiji - Creamy texture
- Seychelles - the highlight shade
- Tahiti - the contour
- Zanzibar - the blush to go on top!
The upper side of the kit has a brief description on the shades as well as indication on how to aply which surely helps!
To be honest the way she uses it makes it seem like it is SO effortless but it is not that easy. Applying it the right way and with the right brush is so so so important to ensure the same effect. Trust me when I say this because I learnt it the hard way! I did a step by step InstaStory application where I completely made a fool out of myself because I literally did everything wrong. Got a lot of feedback and ever since I have been applying the product and absolutely LOVING IT!
Below are a few tips and tricks that I used to make sure that glow is popping, just the way it should!
- Apply Fiji with your fingers on to the cheek bones and dab it on the skin lightly
- Use a tapered brush like the below for the rest of the application; something like the F25 from Sigma - this worked for me
- Prep your skin and base very well! Because of the creamy texture of Fiji, I feel like if you don't prep well it ind of shows the pores or uneven skin texture - so make sure the base is super soft and even!
- Apply any blush or contour after you have applied the highlighter or you will just make a mess of everything - at least I did lol :P
You know what I love about the product? how it is a highlighted but so natural! I swear my skin was looking healthier and more fresh with the product on. If I compare it to the Anastasia Glow kit - I feel the AB product really makes it look like you have a serious highlighter on but with the HB product it almost looks like your skin is glowing in itself!
I am really looking forward to using this product more and more! I do not have an image right now of myself of when I was wearing the product but I promise to share updates soon!
Price: $61.82 with shipping
Stocking: Sephora Middle East and shophudabeauty.com
Learn how to let go and move on #DilPeMatLeYaar
Surround yourself with loved ones #NoBadVibes
If nothing works, become a Unicorn! They are always happy!