Fancy a party? Then this might be your go to brunch!
January 7, 2017
So this Friday I was at the much talked about Candy Pants Brunch at XL Dubai. Two years in a row, this brunch has won the party brunch of the year and I am not shocked why!
To tell you a bit about the brunch, go here if you want to drink and have fun! Like a lot of brunches in Dubai who have a mad spread of dishes from different cuisines, this one is nothing like that! They have a small selection of salads and mains and the smallest area dedicated to their buffet section. The food tastes average - neither amazing nor too bad.
I am just going to make this an easy post and list down what I liked and what I didn't about the brunch
- The music and the drums! They definitely had the whole crowd on their toes the entire time
- The pitchers! They have these mad alcohol pitchers with a mix of cocktails. Some of them felt like they had more mixers than alcohol but if you have 2-3 then you are sorted
- Towards the end of the brunch the team gets these mad props like inflatable guitars and saxophones, clip boards which have funny slogans, fireman hats and more! This just adds a fun element to the entire brunch
- Access to XL Dubai after! So you can't NOT go to XL Dubai after. Everyone who is at the Candy Pants brunch gets to go to XL Dubai (next door) after the party to continue the party! Honestly, this was SO MUCH FUN! The music played was amazing! Unmissable after party!
- There was BARELY any space between tables. If you are in a big group, like we were, moving around can be such a hassle because tables are literally stuck to each other
- I also experienced slightly slow service - I am not sure if slow is the right word but for example when I told the waiter that the pitcher barely had alcohol he refused to change or add any more alcohol. There was an excuse for everything. I had to go tell the host to talk to the manager every time there was a complaint - which was a bit of a put off :(
I would definitely recommend this brunch for a party crowd, however, I would say go there on time - start drinking on time so towards the last hour you are at the perfect state to party! Also, keeping the space factor in mind, it would probably be better to go with a group of 8-10 and not too many! Also, do not miss the after party at XL!
Regular package: AED 325 (includes all drinks except Bubbly)
Premium package with Bubbly: AED 375
Located at XL Dubai, Habtoor Grand Beach Resort near Sky Dive Dubai
Learn how to let go and move on #DilPeMatLeYaar
Surround yourself with loved ones #NoBadVibes
If nothing works, become a Unicorn! They are always happy!