My favorite salons in Dubai and for different reasons!
December 6, 2016
Hi guys...I do not know if you are like me but I have a different salon for my nails and a different one for my hair and so on. So I thought why not tell you where I love to go and for what reason!
I hate shabby nails, they make me feel like I am not clean. So almost every 10-15 days I do get a manicure or a polish change or something. Even within nails, I have different salons I prefer for different reasons
Classic Manicure and Pedicure
- I prefer to go to Rain Lounge in Mankhool, Dubai for this. They are close to my house, have friendly staff, charge averagely, are clean, have the latest colors - it is my hassle free manicure/pedicure spot that I know cannot go wrong
Average price for both: AED 150-AED 160
- If I want the latest in nail fashion or some kind of mad stones or glitters, I know my go to place is Dollhouse Dubai in Jumeirah. With an owner like Mona Kattan who is fashion and beauty fanatic, you know they have some of the best services to offer. They were the first in Dubai to get chrome nails too (if I am not wrong)
- If the nail art requires any kind of painting or creating a face etc I would choose to go to SOH in Galleria Mall, Al Wasl. They have some mad talented staff that even paint faces on nails!
Price is dependent on what you get done
When I want to splurge
- One of the most relaxing experiences I have had has been at The Nail Spa in Jumeirah. They do nail art as well in their art bar section. However, for me the differentiating factor was how comfortable everything is made for the customer.
Eyebrow Threading and Tinting
Whatever I may do, nothing seems to make my eyebrows darker. I literally cannot step out of the house without filling them in. A friend of mine recommended to me Dollhouse Dubai for Eyebrow threading and tinting and I promise to God I want to go back there every month!
Please only go to Samira - she has magic in her hands! Since this service at the salon is slightly on the expensive side, I try to go here at least once a month just to maintain the shape and color
Price: AED 80 for both threading and tinting
Girls! We all know how much this can hurt + you need a place that is 100% hygienic and clean before you choose a salon for this service. There is a God sent Vietnamese lady at the Sisters Beauty Lounge in Village Mall, Jumeirah 1 who makes this process seem absolutely painless! I do not think I could go anywhere else!
Price: AED 140
I love getting my hair colored. I feel like colored hair makes hair look like it has life and has movement. I have been getting different forms of Balayage on my hair for the last 2-3 years. This year I tried Belle Femme Dubai in Jumeirah and I went to Randa and I promise, men have also complimented my hair color! She is AMAZING at what she does and she understood what I wanted without me saying much. She was also really patient and till she didn't see the perfect results she did not let me go. I remember it was an 8 hour process but the result was worth it!
Price: Depends on what you request but I paid approximately AED 1300 for a global hair color + the highlights
It is very important to choose a salon/spa that uses the right products and machines to do your facial. Too many machines on the face are not good either but some tools are required to remove any dry skin from the face. I have not really experienced too many places for this one as I am scared of any wrong reactions on my skin. However, I choose between Rain Lounge (Dermalogica facial using Dermalogica products) and Sister's Beauty Lounge in Village Mall. I have never been disappointed. Only thing is Rain Lounge is really noisy so that peace and quiet during a massage is missing :(
Average Price above AED 250
So for this I have lots and lots of places and again for different reasons. Having good hair makes me feel 10 times better. Plus my hair gets oily in half a day sometimes and I HAVE TO wash my hair daily. So you know those lucky people for whom their blow dry lasts them 4 days - I hate them! My blow dry doesn't last one evening sometimes and that's why I do not prefer spending mad amount of money on smaller events; hence I categorize the places I go to lol
When I need a quick fix
- I usually go to a salon named Ashwina next to my house for a blast dry. After washing my hair they blast dry/ semi-dry it focussing more on the front, leaving my hair looking soft, shiny and neat. I love Sakina's work here and try to book with her
Price: AED 50 for blast day
When I need the perfect soft curls
- No one has done soft curls for me like Dollhouse Dubai. Asma at dollhouse is just so good with the tong and she literally makes me look like some of the girls on IG lol
Price depends on hair length but start at approximately AED 120
When I need them conrows/ braids
- So there is this tiny tiny tiny salon next to my house where there is an Ethiopian lady working who does my braids like I am from Africa (sometimes they are a bit too tight). The salon is called Glamorous and is close to Arora Bookshop in Bur Dubai (do not ask how I found it lol). Other salons that I know have someone to do good braids are Dollhouse Dubai in Jumeirah (Shilpa) and Kozma and Kozma in Al Wasl.
Price depends on the kind of braids
When I need the perfect blow dry
- To be honest there are many salons that can perfect a blow dry. For me, one place that I go to often would be Rain Lounge (with Esther) and another place I randomly tried because of an online deal was a salon named Sassy Lashes in Ghazal Mall (do not judge lol). I got a really good deal online for an oil massage wash and blow dry for AED 100 and I was SO SO SO impressed with the lady there. I wish I remembered her name but she did a really good job!
Price above AED 80
I hope you enjoyed this post xx
Learn how to let go and move on #DilPeMatLeYaar
Surround yourself with loved ones #NoBadVibes
If nothing works, become a Unicorn! They are always happy!