Everything You Need To Know About Bollywood Parks Dubai
November 18, 2016
So yesterday I was lucky enough to be invited to the inaugural ceremony and official the first day of the much talked about Bollywood Parks Dubai. If you haven't heard of BPD, then it is the FIRST EVER, in the WORLD, Bollywood theme park! And if you love yourself some Bollywood you are bound to be in love with this place!
The Inaugural ceremony was hosted by the lovely RJs of City 101.6 where they played some Bollywood Trivia with the audience followed by Bollywood dances and a small talk by the CEO of BPD
So let me tell you a bit about the park in a nutshell. What are the main things the park has:
- The park has a few rides/attractions based on iconic Bollywood movies like Sholay, Lagaan, Mughla-E-Azam, Rock On, Dabangg, Don, RaOne, Krrish to name a few. If you know the leading stars in these movies you would have realized that every massive Bollywood star has been covered (All Khans except Saif lol)
- Last night, only 2-3 rides/attractions were operating like the Lagaan and RaOne experience. I do not want to tell you too much about it cuz I don't want to reveal too much - you need to experience for yourself :) A few images below though =]
- Don The Chase, Hrithik's Krrish, Salman's Dabangg were not operational as of last night
- Jaan-E-Jigar is UAE's first ever Broadway style Bollywood production which is showcased daily at Rajmahal - the MOST gorgeous building in the entire park. *Special tickets need to be booked for this show
Cutest F&B stalls along the way
- As you are walking and exploring the park there are these tiny shops selling light snacks and beverages. What is absolutely amazing is all these are typical Mumbai road side style snacks and the stall design is super duper cute!! From Vada Pao to Ganne Ka Juice (sugarcane juice), to Moong Phali (peanuts) to Royal Kulfi stands - you will feel like you are in India
- There are a lot of sit down restaurants in the park too. Most were still under construction; however, they have a place for drinks and ice cream, a fine dining restaurant serving Indian cuisine, a casual Indian restaurant called Spicy Dhaba.
- There were two places that I LOVED! First was a Indian train restaurant. Basically there is a massive train made and you have your dinner inside and the kitchen is next to it. This was not open yet but below are a few images to give you an idea of what I am talking about
- The second place was the Rock On! Restaurant and Nightclub. This space could be THE place for live gigs and more! the space is massive and you feel like you are a part of Rock On the way its made. Oh and they serve alcohol!
- There are several stores and kiosks selling LOTS of merchandise and souvenirs related to the park and the movies as well
- There are many stages in the different areas of the park. Each stage has 2-4 performances through out the day. Whats nice is that the songs and performances are based on the theme of the area. For example, the stage near Sholay is designed as a village, so the songs they dance on are like Munni Badnam, Beedi Jalaile and so on lol. The dancers are true performers filled with mad energy! Its a pleasure to watch them
What I LOVE about the park?
- Attention to detail: If you walk through the park or go on any of the rides you will realize the effort that has been put into it. The attention to detail is mad from the restaurants to the retailers to the dances to the attraction. Its brilliant!
- Graphics in the rides/attractions: You would expect to see mad graphics in an attraction like RaOne but not so much in the one for Lagaan. My point is the mad graphics and eye to detail is crazy and it really makes you feel like you are a part of the experience!
- Size of the park: The size of the park is just right! It is not too big neither too small
- There is something for everyone: If you are going to the park with your grand dad who knows his Sholay or Mughla-e-Azam or you are going with your young cousin who wants to fly like Krrish or knows only movies like Zindagi Na Milegi Dubara - no problem! They both have what they will like!
- Music: The different areas you walk through, you will notice that the music changes as per the theme of the area and I loved that!
That's me being my dramatic self, waiting for my Veeru to join me :P
All in all I am an absolute sucker for Bollywood and just like any other Indian girl I cannot live without the Bollywood Drama! I think a visit to the park is highly highly highly recommended to anyone who enjoys Bollywood. I would though say it would be better to go after a month when everything is operational as you would get the most of what you are paying for.
I do wish there was a little of Govinda somewhere only because he is so iconic to Bollywood and kind of took over the 90s phase lol
I have to mention though it was amazing to see how people from different nationalities enjoy as much as an Indian was! Bollywood does unite us all <3 haha!
Daily ticket price: AED 285 for adults and AED 245 for kids
Annual ticket price: AED 685
Park timings: 2PM - 12PM
Learn how to let go and move on #DilPeMatLeYaar
Surround yourself with loved ones #NoBadVibes
If nothing works, become a Unicorn! They are always happy!