The Last but the most Luxurious one of them all at #AtTheBrunchTableWithNiggi
August 30, 2016
So for the last weekend of August and month full of posts for #AtTheBrunchTableWithNiggi I was very excited to accept the invitation from The Palace Downtown Dubai for their Friday Brunch at Ewaan. The Lounge section at Ewaan is one of my absolute FAVORITE spots during winter for a chill shisha session with my friends for obvious reasons - the view, the ambience and the service! I had no idea their restaurant section had a Friday brunch and was I pleasantly surprised or what!
The Friday brunch at Ewaan completely embodies the luxuriousness of The Palace Downtown Dubai. If you have been to Palace, you know it means top notch service and quality! The brunch at Ewaan had a mix of different stations like Grill, Sushi, Sea Food, small selection of Arabic and Indian dishes, carving station with mad choice of meats, desserts and SO MUCH MORE! I couldn't be happier that my last brunch was at Ewaan lounge; you ask why? Reasons below!
- Name the country and they had the cheese from there! Head Chef Cedric Dagois told me that they had so many different kinds of cheese and their cheese section is what they are most proud of. I tried about 4-5 different cheese but enjoyed the Blue Cheese with Strawberries and white wine the most! Guys this combo is the BOMB!
- This is the food you can't JUST see! It looks so good you need to eat it! Salmon, Prawns, Shrimps, Snails, Oysters, Caviar, Tuna Lobsters and I am sure I am missing out on some of the things. They had so much going on - 3 hours aren't enough to enjoy everything! They had almost 4 different ways in which salmon was served. ME = HIGHLY IMPRESSED!
- Ewaan was serving your basic drinks like water, soft drinks, hot beverages, wines etc BUT they had a special Pineapple based mocktail served in these tiny pineapples - I thought this was adorable and such a perfect way to serve a drink in the hot summer! The drink was yummers and you could add some Bacardi in it to make it alcoholic if you wish
FOIE GRAS LIVE STATION
- YES! Freshly prepared - in front of you!. This is something I surely have not seen anywhere else! I tried the scallops prepared with it and can find no fault in the same! Hot, flavorful and beautifully presented just like you see below
SHISHA WITH A VIEW
- Say whaaaaat? Yes! Ewaan has a gorgeous terrace area where they serve shisha too! I honestly haven't come across any brunch with shisha! As much I wanted to smoke it was obviously too hot to be sitting outside. But I totally see myself coming back when the weather gets better! The BIGGEST PLUS? Who does not want to smoke shisha with a view of the gorgeous Burj Khalifa! Definitely one of the best spots in town for this view!
I know I am not smoking in this picture but check that view out!
- The restaurant manager knew I was coming and he was so kind to take me through the entire brunch, explaining the different sections, assisting me to my table and telling me who my server was. Our server, Shepard, was so so so kind and alert, he would come by every 20-30 minutes to check on us, refill our drinks, clear our plates and make sure we are comfortable. Now you would say, obviously they know you are there to review so they will pay extra attention to you and so on...BUT I noticed the manager was actually speaking to most of the guests and making sure they are having a good time! Also, at the end of my brunch they gave me a bag full of The Palace Downtown Dubai goodies! Thank you so much for this =]
- Prices: AED 325 inclusive of soft beverages | AED 480 inclusive of free flowing selection of house beverages, house grape and sparkling grape | AED 695 inclusive of free flowing selection of house beverages, grape and Champagne (Moet)
- Timings: 1 - 4PM
- Pool usage: Additional AED 250 per person
- Shisha: Priced from AED 90 onwards
- Website for more info: www.theaddress.com/ewaan
Highly recommend this brunch for a feast! Definitely a better place for families as the place had a lot of kids - I am guessing a lot of in-house guests. I would recommend making a reservation in advance as the brunch was quite packed
OH! The indoor area in Ewaan has these massive majlis' which would be perfect for a intimate gathering of a group of 10-12! Perfect for a private celebrations
Also, starting September they will be having a live band perform, makes the brunch even more fun!
Sharing some more delish pictures below! Check out the desserts though!!