Fancy a picnic? This is your answer for a perfect one! #AtTheBrunchTableWithNiggi
August 22, 2016
What if I told you that the food, the set up, the music - everything you can possibly want for an ideal picnic - is all set - You just need to show up!!! This is exactly the case with the fabulous #UrbanPicnic brunch at the gorgeous Vida Hotel in Downtown Dubai. The Urban Picnic brunch started again this weekend on the 19th August after being off for the summer and was it perfect or what!
I couldn't be happier about getting this invite as I really enjoyed myself at this brunch - if you have me on SnapChat or Instagram (@niggiphulwani) you would have seen.
So the brunch is divided into two parts; The buffet has a mix of drinks, cheese, salads, sandwiches, pizzas and wraps that you can pick as many as you want! And then they have a small selection of mains which you could order (unlimited number of servings) so they serve it to you fresh and hot!
AED 245 with soft beverages
AED 345 with selected hop and grape
The buffet may not have had 6 different cuisines, but there was a lot of variety in the different things they had. What I mean is look at the different salads they had just in the salad bar #Crazy. Between me and my friend we tried around 4 different salads and we were impressed with all! I really enjoyed the Shrimp Ceviche and he couldn't get enough of the Kale and Quinoa salad!
They had around 4 different types of pizzas - one of them was Peanut Butter and Jelly (image in the gallery below) Sounds gross I know but it was YUMMERS! I finished it in seconds! Below are some pictures of the other things they had in the buffet area. I really liked the chicken wrap too!
As said before you had to order the mains separately. They did not have a menu for it but had a selection of lobsters, tiger prawns, sea bass, beef tenderloin - name the kind of meat and they had it! What was a bit of eeek was they did not have anything vegetarian; as my friend was a vegetarian I was worried if he wouldn't have anything to eat. BUTTTTTTTTTTT the staff was so kind and said "Sir let us know what you would like to have and we can check with the kitchen" We asked for Pasta and they nailed it! My friend really really enjoyed his pasta. I ordered the Sea Bass for myself and was very happy with it
You know I like to save the best for the last - THE DESSERTS IN THIS BRUNCH WERE MAD GOOD! I stuffed myself with the starters and mains but couldn't resist the desserts! They had everything you could think of - Pies, Tarts, Cakes, Smoothies, Macarons, Ice Cream, Chocolate Fondue, Brownies, Victoria Cake, Cookies, Fresh fruit- Name it and they had it! I tried a bit of everything and did not find one thing that did not impress me. LOVED the Mini Victoria cake - must try!!! and the Rainbow jars #TooCute
- THE MUSIC! I was literally singing along to every song - and this isn't the very loud kind of music - the covers or versions they were playing of the songs were spot on for the ambiance
- THE DECOR! They have super cute picnic baskets too - the green mats on the table - the hay - the wood along the buffet tables makes you feel like you are literally picnic-ing
- THERE IS A POOL! Yes if you wish you could be outdoors, book a cabana and enjoy a dip in the pool for an additional AED 100/person
- DESSERTS! The desserts here were really really delicious, fresh and a pretty decent variety
- DRINKS! They had some really refreshing cocktails and mocktails prepared right at the beginning of the buffet! Peach, Passion, Mango, Watermelon, Orange - the best of the flavors used with a lot of MINT! LOVES IT!