So I was one of those crazy people who went looking mall to mall to find the shades I wanted of the Huda Beauty Liquid Matte. Unlike the Huda Beauty Lip Contour, the Liquid Matte's were still available 6 hours after launch
So anyway I got 4 shades - Gossip Girl, Icon, Trophy Wife, Material Girl(shades in the order of light to dark). I took like four days to open and try the products - but hey! I finally did!
What I think of the colors on my olive skin tone?
OKay so to be honest the skin around my lips is quite pigmented - and lets be honest I do not have pearly white teeth - my teeth are quite discolored (do not notice my teeth next time you see me :$) - okay too much information;
- Gossip Girl - way too pink for my skin tone - I see myself mixing this with something else
- Icon - once it dries it is a really good natural orangeish pink which I think will be a great day to night color
- Trophy Wife - GAAH! This is my shade - just the perfect pinkish purple - I will be wearing this everyday
- Material Girl - This is a dark deep purple - very sexy color - goes really well with my skin tone and I will definitely wear this for a night out!
So here is what I think - you can decide what is good and what is bad...lol
- The texture of the product is really good. After it dries - which is 5 minutes or so - I do not want even realize anything is on my lip
- The product has a smell - a friend of mine felt like it smells like 'nail polish remover' - but I honestly liked the smell - it goes away shortly anyway
- The product is pigmented heavily - Forget using water based makeup removers like the Bioderma one or even the Neutrogena wipes - the only thing that helped me take it off is OIL (this is true for dark colors like Material Girl)
- The product maybe pigmented but not consistently - I had to apply 2 and for some colors even 3 coats for it not too look patchy - this was specially the case with Material Girl. And if you think about it the product is AED 100 for 5ML? Yes! 5ML! My Material Girl bottle looks half empty just after 2 applies i.e. 4-6 coats
So before I was to publish this review I wanted to do a fun test. I wore my favorite shade Trophy Wife today and took pictures after regular intervals on my SnapChat @niggiphulwani - see how the product lasted during my 6 hour day.
Towards the end of the day I felt that yes the color or the pigment is still there on my lips - but the product is completely washed out and it has like flakers stuck on the edges of my lips. I think after 2:30 - 3 hours, a touch would be must!
So....the product is for AED 100 and I checked today, 2nd August 2016, the product is available at Dubai Mall in ALL colors EXCEPT Bombshell, Venus and Trophy Wife!
Final verdict: I think it is a good product to have but probably in the less darker colors. Specially if you are as impatient as me and cannot give your lips 30 minutes - Material Girl took legit 15 minutes for me to take off and that too with the redness around my lips
PS A tip - Apply lip balm or Vaseline before you apply the product - just a little - as when you apply the product for about the initial 15-20 minutes I felt a little burning sensation on my lips which went away the second time after applying Vaseline!
Learn how to let go and move on #DilPeMatLeYaar
Surround yourself with loved ones #NoBadVibes
If nothing works, become a Unicorn! They are always happy!