You won't believe they add this to some items on Slider Station's New Menu!
July 22, 2016
Slider Station is one of my favorite places to go gain a kilo at! Their food is so yummy, if you have not tried it please do! They recently launched an absolutely NEW MENU 2 weeks ago and if you saw the images they shared on Instagram - you would be like I NEED TO GO NOW! (@sliderstationae)
We started ordering drinks and I just had to get the Black Lemonade because of all the images I saw on Instagram! Believe it or not, they had CHARCOAL in it? I was like what? Now I don't know if the world produces some kind of edible charcoal or did they put the one that I use to light my shisha lol. I don't know if any of you have tried something with charcoal in it before but I am not that cool and I was just like huh?
So my first sip I was like huh? What is this? It has raspberry in it too FYI - But the more I drank it, the more I liked it - pretty interesting. I think you must try. Clearly the image below is not when I took the first sip :P
So I went there for lunch yesterday to see what all the buzz was about. By the way, they may be serving only the new menu now but they still have some dishes from the old menu which are classics. Like the COMMANDO FRIES!!! Duh we had to order them (image below). Only the most bad ass fries in the world with Cheese, Jalapeno and Onion. Sounds simple I know, but if you have tried it you know what I am talking about!
PS how cool is that phone cover? Let me know if you like it =]
They also have other items like the Dangerous Chicken and Tiger Shrimp slider #ThankGodForThat. After that we ordered a mix of chicken, vegetarian and shrimp items. I have written these down below and also what I thought of each =]
- Rock Shrimps - These were served with a dip on the side. For spice lovers, the dip is bloody good! I do not enjoy spice much so without the dip the shrimps were a bit too dry for me :(
- Mexican Corn (offered to us complimentary to try) - The Corn Cobs were dipped in a sweet sauce and on top had a spicy dip - an interesting combination and good option for vegetarians. It might be just annoying if the corn gets stuck in the teeth :$
- Dangerous Chicken - WE JUST HAD TO! - This is like the best thing on their menu (from the old one). Don't think please just order it
- Patatas Bravas (offered to us complimentary to try) - These were small cubes of fried potato with a dipped tossed on top. The dip had a very strong sense of Cinnamon. My friends and I enjoyed it :)
- Shiitake Mushrooms - I did not try these myself but my friends told me it was good - a bit dry though or maybe I took too long to take pictures and their food went cold #Oops
- Taiwanese Chicken Slider - I did not really enjoy the bread of this slider - I wouldn't order this next time
- Korean Chicken Slider - I love sweet food! Even the savory kinds by the way - so the Korean chicken slider had like honey glazed chicken aka sweetness overload aka NIGGI LOVES! - no image below!
PS The above are written as the items are kept below from Left to Right
Last but not the least it was time for DESSERT!! My favorite course lol. So the new dessert menu has a lot to offer - They have OREO fondant, Lotus desserts and ice creams! But I was very keen on trying what they call the 'SPACE CONE' - It is a GREY ice cream! Where in the world has anyone seen a grey ice cream! I was very intrigued when I saw the images online and new I had to try it!
Just like the Black Lemonade, the Space Cone also had charcoal hence the black color. They top it up with Raspberry sauce and just a few OREO crumbs. To be super duper honest, as interesting as I thought it was, I could not have too much of it. Don't know if it was the heavy meal before or the bitter after taste. I am definitely looking forward to trying the Lotus Dessert in my next visit though!
Let me know if you guys have tried anything from their new menu and how you liked it xx
Learn how to let go and move on #DilPeMatLeYaar
Surround yourself with loved ones #NoBadVibes
If nothing works, become a Unicorn! They are always happy!